View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #26
Banned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veto View Post
oh Banned wait a sec, before you're downloading hours for nothing, Python 2.7.2 wont work, sorry. There are some methods in the scripts which probably only work with the 3.x versions.

Just ask if you need help in any way about the scripts. And if you're like me, prefering a quantize dialog, be sure to check out that new script.

haha thanks i'm not such a big fan of both, but i'd love to see Amsterdam some day and when one happens to be in Amsterdam...
Let me know whenever you happen to be in the neighbourhood.

Yeah, I already had Python 2.7.2 installed (came with OS 10.8), but figured it might not work (and it didn't), so I grabbed the 3.2.3 version. But I couldn't get REAPER to work with it at first. In Preferences > ReaScript > Force Python to use dylib; I had entered
Code:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/lib/libpython3.2.dylib
but REAPER told me its an incompatible version.

When I clicked the .dylib path button, the location of Python 2.x showed up - so I figured the description of Preferences > ReaScript > Custom path to dll directory must be wrong: on a Mac, there are typically no .dll files, so I started reading "dll" as ".dylib" instead. Then I removed the line from "Force Python to use dylib", and entered the path:
Code:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/lib/
in the "Custom path to dll directory". Yay, REAPER now tells me: libpython3.2.dylib installed. (I have no idea why the first didn't work, but the second did. I tried this in both 32 and 64 bit versions of REAPER, with the same results. Perhaps this should be filed as a bug?)

However, I still get the same script execution error as before, it seems to fail to import the python functions from the SWS extension:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Quantize selected points.py", line 7, in <module>
    from sws_python import *
ImportError: No module named sws_python
I do have SWS/S&M Extension 2.3.0 Build #7 installed now, btw. Perhaps I need a system reboot or such? I'll have another go at it tomorrow for sure. Also, staring at the code until it makes enough sense is already *very* useful for me at this point.