View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 08:58 AM   #8
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxmidi View Post
"because I don't have a "Program Files (x86)" folder. Only a "Program Files" folder."

From what I could make out, Waves Central seems to be a 32 bit Windows program but it manages 64 bit and 32 bit vst plugins.

Maybe you havn't got 32 bit Wine (and it's libraries) installed properly.

Usually it's enabled by

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

and then installing WineHQ's Wine for whatever distro.

I end up with "Program Files (x86)" and syswow64 directories when winecfg is first run.

Also, if the reg entries are not exact then Waves Central can throw an error and also if there is anything wrong with robocopy and it's setup (dll overrides).
When I first setup Wine, I used Wine-Stable from the distro, and did do the --add-architecture i386. To confirm that I am pure 32 bit I downloaded the 64 bit version of REAPER for Windows and upon trying to install it, I get this.

The registry entries I copied the names and keys right off the screen, both from your post and from the web page I had found earlier, but since I don't have any 64 bit functionality, the folder names referenced are invalid.

As I was typing this I thought "what if I were to create those two folders", so I did and it still gives me the same error message.

Last edited by Glennbo; 01-05-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote