View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 05:54 PM   #340
tack
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icchan View Post
Reaticulate looks really great. You've done wonderful work!
Thanks!

Quote:
I really hope you'll get other people helping with the code and features as well from the forums, so that life possibly happening won't freeze the developement and that GUI you were talkig about would be a bit easier to do (I do believe you take pull requests?)
I will graciously review all pull requests, but I'm afraid I'll have to exempt the the GUI bank editor from that. I have a pile of code in my local branch and I'm just too far down that path now to take pull requests for that feature. I appreciate it's one of the most essential features for Reaticulate's wider adoption.

But for other features, yes, if the code is high quality (or at least not much worse than the current quality ), I'm grateful for the help.

Quote:
If I make a mapping for a library that isn't on there yet, will you take my pull request to include it to the factory one? Of course assuming it's tested and works etc...
So actually I'm pretty much abandoning the factory banks idea. Based on feedback so far I'm looking to implement a better means for users to share their own bank files with each other. Originally I had wanted to do a curated, quality-controlled set of banks but I now realize I just don't have the proper amount of time to spend on that. Instead, I think it's best for me to stick with what I'm good at, and let the community drive what they're good at.

So stay tuned on that. For now, feel free to swap banks on the forums. I definitely appreciate that's not ideal, so this kind of online bank directory feature will come after the GUI bank editor.

My problem right now is lack of time. The day job has been all consuming.

Thanks for the feedback!
tack is offline   Reply With Quote