View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 05:49 AM   #11
serr
Human being with feelings

When you need either a single band of dynamic eq or many (a multiband comp that is), these tools pretty much feel like cheating!

I ended up spending my voucher on UA's multiband comp back when they switched from TDM plugins to vst (but now using a hardware pci card) and gave us all vouchers to calm us down. It's really nice. Still cleaner than any other multiband comp I've tried (that includes all Waves attempts at one). (Except the crossovers in the Waves linear phase multiband are really good. Not the compression functions so much - just the crossovers.)

For restoration work on full program, there's no other choice.

For simpler things on an isolated track, I'll often parameter modulate a band on a ReaEQ. When ReaEQ is of sufficient quality, this is really convenient.

I've tried messing with ReaFIR a few times... Putting an actual pillow in front of the speakers would be easier... Oh well.

I wouldn't mind a quick easy plugin for isolated single band things here and there if it worked well. Hard to justify spending any money with ReaEQ + parameter modulation right here though.

That link for that vst4free went to a page with only a link for the windows version. Home page? Might be worth checking out.

Now please, don't anyone go down the rabbit hole loading up a channel with 17 instances of a dynamic eq and start posting more "mastering" videos on youtube!

Last edited by serr; 07-23-2015 at 06:17 AM.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote