View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 02:33 AM   #19
audiotect
Human being with feelings

Here is an answer to ducehenne and a bit about my work and vision

jm ducehenne - thanks for reply.
I´ve been around your products - but mostly looking/reading, I remember trying some out...long time ago. , but I´ll put them on my list.

The GRM tool it didn´t know of.

I´ve been using DBAP because it behaved and sounded more in the way i wanted.
I wanted to get rid of the traditional sweet spot and the "head in the middle" thing.
Because in exhibitions people move around in your space and because i always wanted to create “psychical space”.

When I mix, I’m very much depending on the room acoustics - and the objects,the design of the exhibition but most on the vision.
and I want my work to be completely integrated.

In my latest work (and my next work too) it about creating a place. It is both a real place, (for the recent exhibition) a steppe in Mongolia, but its also a hybrid space, where we got different times in one place, old (historic) time and present time.

Some of the stuff i´ve done was very music based and I compose my stuff, also the sounddesign like a symphony and the different spaces in the exhibtion is different layers of the same composition.
So you actually walk around i a piece of music…and you get rid of clashes of sound.

I come from a purely musical background (guitar! and the lovely noise it makes), and spend my time now on studying mainly classical music, but also a great fan of Eno, Pink Floyd, Underworld, Daniel Lanois, Kraftwerk etc - artists that very much consider sound and space to be a part of the music.

I´m also a soundnerd, when making “my own” stereo music, and I’m struggling to make immersive stuff sound good.

Still, just making things work has taken so much time, that I really don´t have a deeper understanding of the more techincal/"academic" side of things. Wish i had - working on it..

but I would like to spend my time unfolding my/the exhibition´s vision, get a deeper understanding of sound - not trying just to get things to work…
I guess we all want it to be like that..

BR
Søren
audiotect is offline   Reply With Quote