View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 08:18 AM   #258
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Byre View Post
Why? Simple - because the ability to do simple things in Reaper, means that it can be used in A-for-V work.

Ninty-something per cent of all video work is just cuts and cross-fades. No layering, no colouring, no green-screen, just cuts and fades.

Also, it is a beginning. Ten years ago, Reaper was hardly useable as a DAW, but now? I have never understood why video editors have to be pants at audio and why DAWs are unable to edit video. The commands may be different, but the underlying principles are the same.

And, as Reaper is a non-destructive editor, it is an ideal platform for video.
To add to this good point.

1. I had a video example from a game we are doing sound for yesterday where they had given me multiple videos from different angles of a plane flying over that I had to create a one shot sound for. I used the 2x2 matrix preset to line up 4 videos and reaper put them on the display as 4 quarters on the screen and it was very helpful as I could not only get a sense of what the player might see from any angle but also export examples too that would be helpful to the implementation scene.

2. Already people have started creating presets that can do colour correction etc. We are a long way from a proper editor but I still find it faster to edit in reaper even without visual aids than I do in most linear editors out there.