View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #44
gwok
Human being with feelings

ok, checkin this out on parallels.

so is one meant to dedicate 8 tracks in reaper for playtime playback? Because although this is super cool, right away I wonder if all sorts of data can possibly get over written. I'm running a really primitive setup in paralells though, so I can't run any projects I'm familiar with to get an idea how it works, but it seems to me playtime wants to just charge ahead and overwrite anything anhead of it. Hence I wonder if it's meant to have 8 tracks dedicated to it.

Also, I notice playtime always disables looping, which is kind of what I want it to be able to do. I mean, is playtime meant run on an indefinately long timeline (hence overwriting as it goes along), or is also possible to work in sections/regions/loops as well.

It seems to me that working on a section/region in reapers arrange while running loops in Playtime along with it isn't really all that functional right now? or am I missing something? Why is it starting on bar 2 all the time?

this looks wicked, just trying to get my head around it and get an idea of the intended workflow

cheers!

edit: ok, i see nothing is getting over written, though I am still wonderig how one is meant to work within the form of an arrangement, having Playtime cycling loops within the section of a song. PLaytime seems to want to start playback from bar2, so right now to work within a specific section, i have to start reaper first - ahead of the bar, trigger the loops to start with the beginning of the section, the re-enable cycle/loop. I can't just seem to drop the play marker on a bar, and hitplay on a clip in playtime and have playback start at that time, with the loop.

Last edited by gwok; 11-09-2014 at 07:48 PM.
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote