View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 09:14 AM   #33
jrp
Human being with feelings

i donīt really get it...
Someone promoting to get rid of OSC altogether because it is broken, i have to chime in.

I have been using OSC in reaper without CSI to great extent over the years. I donīt see what is supposed to be broken.
I use lemur right now, but before had been digging into osc<->pdextended<->midi.

The only bug i ever encountered was fixed within one or two days...(!!!!)
That was indeed the divide by 0 bug, sending Reaper a message that your controller has now 0 tracks would crash Reaper to desktop.
Not any more.

So i find the system in reaper pretty good, using a .ReaperOsc config file and direct action binding. Has been working solid for years.
I was happy to discover that by now it is also possible to pass a variable from osc to a script (get_action_context).

But i also see stuff i wish for not coming... something propably normal with feature requests.

I would love to have messages to and from Reaper for:

TrackColor
Folderstate

I would like to know:
Number of tracks in Mixer so i can set the number of faders dynamically in lemur...

And most of all, cause this would make all of my other feature requests obsolete:

Send full messages to ReaScript and allow Reascript to send any Messaage to OscOutput. That would rock completly crazy hyper blasting!

Maybe one day, if not it still works great and is the best way to get parameter feedback out of reaper.
jrp is offline   Reply With Quote