View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 01:02 PM   #3395
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
True, but the main unit in all of these setups (MCU, FP8 etc) has 8 rotaries with push and 8 two line displays. The navigation proposed will work just as well for them- a slightly larger user base than C4 users
Faerport 8 and 16 have only one Rotary, it works on selected Channel.

A lot of other modern MCU clones cheap out this way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I've been experimenting with some much more complex Zone arrangements on the C4, fitting parameter groups into a 1x8 block, a 3x3 block and a 3x5 block (the FX is a soft synth) The zone setup in the new version works a treat (notwithstanding the value display)

I use the 3x5 block for envelopes and the 3x3 block for, variously, oscillators, filter and amplifier. The 1x8 block (row A) is sometimes a master menu, sometimes LFOs.

It's easy to build simple menus to navigate parameters in any of the blocks and the blocks don't interfere with each other. Widgets are only overwritten when you intend them to be. I chopped the enormous list of parameters up into logical chunks and made a separate .zon for each one.

When the plugin is initially focussed, it loads a 'startup' configuration of Zones using an IncludedZones construct. After that all the navigation is done using GoZone.

Even if you only had a 1x8 block to work with(an MCU or FP8, say) you could still easily cover many FX parameters, navigating the Zones with either surface buttons or Presses.

I'm afraid none of this works properly in the old version (the stack, I guess). If you could just fix the value display, that'd be great (OnFocusFX is working fine)

Really excited by the way the whole Zone thing can work now. Loads of possibilities.
Great stuff !!

We just crossposted, have a look at that post too.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote