View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 04:33 PM   #20
sinkmusic
Human being with feelings

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalma View Post
No need to.. it has been requested a few times and it has been on my plans for a long time
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalma View Post
You can create regions from items ("Markers: Insert separate regions for each selected item") .. I still don't get it...
Argh, sorry if i was unclear. It's a workflow thing, quite hard to explain... It depends on the way you record, the way you manage your items,the amount of samples you have and how you need to have your items in the end.

For instance : i record an item. It's a 10 minutes session with 200 short sounds on it. The item name is inherited from the instrument I recorded (for instance "Moog").
I put this item on a new track, which will have for name the kind of sound i recorded (for instance "bass").
Now i slice my session into hundreds of singles samples or snippets, depending on the timbre or note of the sounds (for instance "high resonance", "sub enabled", "square+saw", "C, D, E", etc).
My goal now would be to export each slices using the Region render matrix with such a string : "trackname_itemname_regionname01.wav".

I wish I could easily convert the markers into regions (because When I record, it's easy to drop markers on the fly during the recording, not regions).
I also wish I could give a region the name from a track (because sometimes you just change your mind, or also because sometimes when working with several group/sub folders, you realize it would be easier to have a region with a good name instead of too many sub-folders. In such a situation, I wish I could grab and item, and the script would get the name (where the item is) and give the track name to the region (where the item is, obvisouly).
I don't know if it sounds confuse or if that makes sense
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote