View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 12:57 AM   #31
ihabali
Human being with feelings

Been following this thread since I started playing with ambisonics for 360 videos. I think what would be useful for sound designers would be a view that presents the 360 video as is(flat equirectangular) where some markers can be added on the actual picture as it plays back. You can then animate the position of these markers(using automation curves) to track say a moving object within the video. You would then link the values coming from these marker positions curves(converted to degrees) to an ambisonic panner. This in my opinion is a much more efficient workflow than having to pan around the 360 video to see/hear where the sound is supposed to be coming from and track it around.

Is it possible,using the video processing plugin, to draw UI elements(a crosshair, a square, a circle...whatever) that can then be controlled with the mouse and linked to a parameter in the code? I'm having trouble finding any documentation on the JSFX code specific to the video processor as it seems to be different from the published language reference. I would be happy to write this plugin if I can get some guidance from the experts on this forum as I just started with reaper a couple of weeks ago.
ihabali is offline   Reply With Quote