View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 04:17 AM   #543
DPP2018
Human being with feelings

Hi Jack, I play a little around with this stuff. Finally I downloaded a esync-patched winestaging 3.15 via lutris, backuped my working /opt/wine and copied the patched esync wine in my /opt/wine (wanna avoid inconsitency with pathes and wine-envs).

The WINEESYNC I put in my .bashrc via export WINEESYNC=1. Additionally I put there a export DXVK=fps and started a Program which uses DX11 via DXVK - I got an HUD-Display so it seems to work.

I assume that its the same with WINEESYNC=1. I tested with a saved Reaper Project - Grand Rhapsody (its a CPU-hog, not comparable to Pianoteq native :P) with some EQs, Limiter, Compressor, Con-Reverb in the channel as inserts.

Hard to judge - I played with damper pedal down the whole keyboard to get the max polyphony. With Esync=1 it seems that the RT CPU (I assume I have to look for this in the perf graph and not the percent in channel because it runs via linvst and outside reaper) is about 0,5-1 percent less (from around 17,7 / 17,9 down to 16,9 / 17,4). So it seems to benefit a little. At the moment I havent a big project, I am still do testing. Maybe I can play a little more on the weekend.

Thanks for all this nice work and help. Anyway it runs better as I expected.

ps: the esync-patched wine is staging - so as mentioned before no Kontakt

edit typos
DPP2018 is offline   Reply With Quote