View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 12:49 PM   #3203
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Actually I only envisioned radio button use in circumstances that were already mutually exclusive.

You can only be on one Page at a time, or in one automation mode. A channel or channels can't be Read and Write at the same time and Reaper and the current presses achieve that.

All 'radio buttons' means in this scenario is that only one of the LEDs will be illuminated, indicating the current mode. So when you press Read, say, whatever previous LED is lit switches off and Read lights.

This is really more to do with LEDs than anything more involved. We just need a way of defining a group of presses and their associated LEDs and saying 'only the LED for the current press is lit, all the others are off'

I haven't paid much attention to the surface defs in a while, it might already be possible using multiple FB messages for each press.
Cool, then we'll have 2 flavours:

Radio+someButton
Radio+someOtherButton
Radio+yetAnotherButton

These will just do the light thing -- the action "radiobuttonness" is built into Reaper's state handling.

RadioZone+someButton
RadioZone +someOtherButton
RadioZone +yetAnotherButton

These will do the light thing, PLUS the zone activate/deactivate thing.

There will be a (what i consider) a very slight) restriction -- only one Radio group per zone.

If you need 2 or more radio groups, just make extra Zone files that get included, seems like a reasonable tradeoff, what do you think ?
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote