View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 05:21 PM   #1
NotChuckNorris
Human being with feelings

Default Looking for an 8-channel control surface (Artist Mix, Icon M+)

I am currently using a Faderport 1, which works very good, but I would like to have eight faders in a small footprint. The Icon M+ looks very good, but I am a little concerned about quality. The most important factor for me is fader quality and at this point I would be willing to drop the 1k Avid asks for the Artist Mix (despite of the lack of transport control).
So I looked around and found out that it is not as easy as one would think (of course). I found some Youtube videos where it seems to work, some threads here in the forum where it kind of works, or doesn't work or may work in the future... I am completely lost. Then there is this 120 pages CSI thread that started a gazillion years ago and just confuses me even more.

I am looking for the bare minimum: high quality faders, solo, mute, automation mode control and the name display should be functioning. Transport control would be optimal as well as a button for the mix window. I ruled out Faderport 8 (size) and X-Touch (size, plastic fantastic). Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
NotChuckNorris is offline   Reply With Quote