Thread: Quick question
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 10:58 PM   #5
cutnpaste
Banned

I had the sequence with the DVD drive first then the SSD drive I wanted the install on. I gave up on this way of doing it.

Installing Windows 10 pro was like an adventure.

After pondering what to do next, I remembered the disks that came with the Samsung SSD’s with the migrate software, I got them out and the first attempt failed with an error from the source drive. The second attempt to Migrate the system disk worked, the second time I started the Migrate software as an admin then it worked.

I started Windows 10 pro install with explorer from my currently installed system. At first I thought this is not going to work since the Windows 10 pro install said it was going to install Windows 10 Enterprise, I look at the screen and thought to myself “so much for Enterprise not on a DVD anywhere”, and it did install Enterprise, but not activated saying I needed to have my service activate Enterprise. So I thought what the hell I have nothing to lose so I changed the key to the Window 10 Pro key and I was very surprised that it did work and report that Windows 10 Pro is activated, with a very unusual statement in the activation, “Window 10 Pro has been activated by your service”. I have no idea what that means.
cutnpaste is offline   Reply With Quote