View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 04:21 AM   #22
Zeno
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalma View Post
Imho you all pay too much attention to the aesthetics and miss the point which, for me, is a better transient detection algorithm... But that is just my opinion
It's not about the aesthetics!
Let me try an allegory:

If you are in your studio thinking about the color of the walls, or if you choose the wood for your furniture "maybe oak or maybe mahogany?" - then it's about "aesthetics"!

What is repeatedly demanded here in the forum is that the cables get their own place and sorted by type and length. That the microphones are stored in the closet and are not lying around everywhere and that the studio is not completely garbed. We want a studio that is tidy and clean, so everyone can find their way around quickly.
Again and again somebody argues, "Reaper is complex, so you have to live with the bad structure, I prefer more features! Better features!"
Yes, more features are great! But what's the advantage of having the biggest and best gear collection if you have to constantly search for everything? Because everything is littered and messy?

the structure of the windows in reaper is like with poorly stocked bookshelves. Small books, big books ... some stand out further, some are farther back. Some are upside down. Will you find the book you are looking for? Yes, probably! But it is easier and faster to find it if the bookshelf is well sorted!

Last edited by Zeno; 10-04-2019 at 04:49 AM.
Zeno is online now   Reply With Quote