View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #92
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
You are free to define your own namespace in OSC, it is open-ended and dynamic. In this case, Cockos is free to use OSC as they wish, and we are free to ask Cockos to use it in ways that are useful to us. There are some standardization initiatives in this field though, like SynOSCopy, Gesture Description Interchange Format (GDIF), and TUIO is also layered on top of OSC (tbh, I'd much rather like to see polyphonic aftertouch and note-off velocity editing support for plain old MIDI in REAPER than any of this).

Knowing this may not help you become much more comfortable with OSC though; I can say from my own experience that messing around with OSC in Pure data (or Max) did help me a lot in this regard. I'd suggest starting out with something simple like a patch to receive and show OSC data from REAPER. For example, try the patch named "Receiving a simple message" from here with Pure data (use "extended" version which includes mrpeach's OSC stuff), basically all you need to do is change the udp receive port to 9000 (the default value in REAPER's OSC config file) and you can see what REAPER is doing. Hope this helps...
thanks, will research this stuff. I'm making some headway though just from observation of other scripts.

I just want to convert my P5 glove, wacom pad and wii controller into high res rather than 7 to 14bit
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote