View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 10:53 AM   #1
cubic13
Human being with feelings

Default Piolit : yet, another 'Cubase like' theme...

Hi, all

An other one again, you could say, and from a Reaper newbie... Well, making music with Cubase for more than ten years leaves marks, I guess. As I wanted something approaching it, I managed to get something useful, at least for me. Doing this, I also learned a lot about how Reaper is actually working. It's still at an unachieved state, somehow, but well... Here it is :

https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1409/Piolit.zip
Theme no longer available : see here for its successor...

Now, few observations that are also sources of frustration at my present state of knowledge of Reaper :

1) I would really like to be able to color the TCP and MCP trackidx/folder area (and only this one) accordingly to the choosed track color. Didn't find the way to do so, from which, I had to set in the hard way different layouts with choosed background colors to achieve what I wanted. So, if someone has a better solution... Just in case, the files involved in the different layouts can be setted in a more neutral way : there are GenericGrey*.png files added for this in the set.

2) I would also like to get rid of the horrible 0 level value mark in each of the sendlist slots, which appears as a vertical line in the send name area. Trying to get rid of any knob here, I more or less succeeded but couldn't find a way to make it invisible, after countless attempts tweaking the mcp_sendlist_meter.png file. Something has to be done to be able to use the sendlist slots without any knob in the way.

3) I think that we are really in need of a guide to make efficient theming of the toolbars. As an example, only one of the three files involved in the ripple editing command are displayed in the 'Change icons' list. This one works, but doesn't reflect the actual state of the command. So, using efficiently toolbar icons with a three states toggle command remains a mystery to me...

4) In the theme editor, there are things missing, such as independent choices of colors for different MIDI editor parts, in example. How comes that the 'MIDI editor ruler background' affects also the background of several other parts, such as the controller lanes ? Beside this, the terminology used in the theme editor is anything but clear : I spent too much time trying to figure which setting affect what part of the UI.

Now back to music... Just hope that this theme will be useful for some of you as well. Feel free to post suggestions or report back any issue.

EDIT (12th november 2014) - A second version with a fixed size of the mcp panel can be found here : https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1497/PiolitFM.zip.

Last edited by cubic13; 07-15-2016 at 04:41 AM.
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote