View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 02:20 PM   #1015
moss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by grillo View Post
Hi Moss

Thank you for your answer, i tested many times the issue and maybe i found something who should help :With my MCU Pro (Mac Os 10.12.6 /Reaper 6.08 64 /drivenByMoss4Reapper 8.95) In touch mode , when i move a fader (touch sensitive) after 0,1s the connection is lost, it is like i had removed my finger of the fader. I continue to move the fader ; my finger is recognize once again and lost 0.1s after ..So that write peaks like that on the automation.
No problem with latch mode because this is last value who is writen.
Regards
G
Got it! Wasted the whole day on this and was close to give up!
You can cleary see what is actually going on if you decrease the automation rate down to 10ms, then you see that it jumps between the fader position and the actual envelope value. Some hours later I found out that you have to implement a callback to tell Reaper that touch for volume and/or pan should be active, arggghhh. At least a basic documentation for the Reaper API would be so helpful...
With MCU it works now for volume but not for pan since there is no touch for the knobs. I found a workaround which works with last-touched time, maybe I will implement this too.

As a crude workaround till the next update you can increase the automation update up to 1000ms, which will smooth out the jumps.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote