View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 05:57 AM   #5
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I don't know if this was intended to the fix the truncating plugin GUI issue that I raised here - https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...83&postcount=3 - If so, it hasn't made any difference as far as I can tell.

There's a quite major issue I've noticed - tempo synced media items are not importing at the correct tempo. I'm using the media explorer, tempo match is on, they are not complex loops or strange lengths, and they import perfectly in 6.02.

The item's timebase is set to 'Beats (position, length, rate)' as you'd expect when importing it with tempo match on. The playback rate is changing so it is attempting to warp them, it's just not doing it correctly. The item length is calculated correctly, but the actual contents are too long if the project tempo is lower than the loop being imported, and too short if the project tempo is higher.

I've just rolled back to dev1220 and the issue is still present in that version, it's not present in the full 6.02 release.

Edit: Worth adding - the preview in media explorer is playing in time when tempo sync is on, the item contents are just not warped correctly when imported.
Can you post or link to an example of such a file?
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote