View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 12:06 AM   #21
thequietroom
Human being with feelings

i think software modeling is quite good in the current form. Its just that the experience as a player is so uneven because the software environment is so reliant on the unpredictable setup of every user.

I don't typically use many many tones.. and when recording, don't print many FX. I really thought I could find a software solution.

This was one of a few reasons I upgraded my DAW a couple yrs ago. When I got the same disappointing results on the new PC with 2 different interfaces and hrs and hrs of fiddling.. I gave up on VST guitar sims..

Of course I could get an RME interface, and recabinet, sgear, and maybe a couple more soft sims and should predictably be able to have what I wanted.. but thats no guarantee, and that's 75% the cost of an axefx..

For me, that's the rub. If I had a workflow of "reamping".. then these hardware modelers wouldn't have any allure.

In my humble explorations, and the requirements I have as a home recording artist, the hardware simulation is the best solution still.
thequietroom is offline   Reply With Quote