View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #32
Breeder
Human being with feelings

New SWS pre-release has been released that includes various improvements!

Regarding right-click implementation - that's an interesting idea. But I'm not really sure how wise would be to try and hack this from SWS. As heda and FnA mentioned already - it would probably be best to just have right-click mouse modifiers implemented directly in REAPER.

I don't know how other people use this, but I just assigned a shortcut to one of my mouse buttons and call contextual toolbars with that. Got so used to it, it's second nature now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooFox View Post
feature suggestion: editable floating tooltips on these toolbars would be amazing. we could basically build a context sensitive manual into the interface that way. then maybe reading-adverse noobs will never have to RTFM.
Not sure I follow - toolbar tooltips can already contain whatever info you want. Simple rename the action in toolbar editor before assigning icon to it and that should do it.
REAPER also natively displays helpful hints in that small window under TCP (make sure to right-click it for more options).

To be honest, RTFM is a fact of life, no matter how many things we try to do to help the user, in the end you do have to RTFM. Not to mention that time is nonrenewable resource - if I spend time on something like this, some other much more useful feature will get postponed :P Not to mention that I wouldn't find this useful at all - implementing things in your free time that you would never use is kinda not fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooFox View Post
i guess ill just start making custom toolbar buttons while i wait.
Hope you share them too

Last edited by Breeder; 12-11-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote