View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 08:40 AM   #10
ashcat_lt
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen View Post
It doesn't seem simple. Because you can have a lot of items in one track. And every item have a lot of takes.
But there's only a couple items at most that you really want, and those are almost always pretty obvious. In the pic you showed it really could have been that easy. I do this literally all the time. It looks all yucky and kind of freaks us out, but it's easy to deal with. Select all, unselect the ones I want to keep, delete. Done.

But honestly, this is your own fault. You decided to be lazy earlier in the process and that caused you some extra work now. I did say I do this all the time, too, so I know how it goes. When I'm tracking I tend to not want to interrupt the creative flow with too many technical details. Just hit record and rock. Have "the assistant" clean it up after. Yes, "the assistant" is me, but that's another job for another day. It's not actually that hard to start and end recording of each take at exactly the same time, but it's also not really as hard as everybody makes it out to be to clean up the little stubs after.

Edit - There IS an action Item: Invert Selection, I'm not sure it's much faster since you still end up clicking on the items you want to keep. I guess it's a matter of whether you want to hold down the Ctrl key?
ashcat_lt is online now   Reply With Quote