View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 06:59 AM   #234
MatthewMoran
Human being with feelings

I just went back to read that I was on the failed/shame list. It's true... It isn't that I haven't finished "a song" - but I definitely did not finish, "the song."

However, this is not a reboot or a restart. And not a do-over. I will own my shame and failure.

Like the broken prodigals son, I simply hope to work in the kitchen and partake in the leftovers when possible.

I am working on a few songs for my band right now. I was just in the studio with my drummer to get stems on 4 songs and have brought them into Reaper. I'm trying to get my guitar player's time to record his parts.

I'm fortunate - my guitar player is the son of Al Schmitt at Capital Records. I'm hoping, through that connection, to one day be a fly on the wall during one of his father's sessions.

All this to say that my failure was NOT procrastination as much as distraction/lack of focus. It's still just an excuse... but I didn't want anyone to think I was sitting on my hands.

And so, may I beg forgiveness and re-enter the fray?
=======================
About the song I'm working on.

This Star-Spangled Life of Mine

It is one of the above 4 songs.

I've been in contact with The Wounded Warrior Project to play some events in Southern California. This song is sort of the anchor for those events.

Last week I brought in all the drum stems, added an acoustic guitar, scratch vocals, bass, and a few clean and crunchy electric guitars. I'm not super pleased with any of it - well, actually, I like the bass and there is a clean electric guitar idea that I'll re-record.

I added some keys on the chorus this morning... I refuse to share those with you... yet. Need to smooth them out.

In any case, here's the project as of this morning.
https://matthewmoranonline.com/2019-ssl.mp3