View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 04:35 PM   #7
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlprod View Post
Just installed this now, but there is no scaling available in the transport section of the script anymore?
Yes, the whole scaling component has been removed from the script. The old method was flawed, this is the nuclear option. I would welcome any and all discussion on how I address this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
tcp_bgsel and mcp_bgsel images have different saturation/brightness levels and different hues. The main part of the TCP/MCP have differences in brightness/saturation, and the "ribbon" part (where the track number is) has differences in hue (and a slight difference in saturation).
Nice one, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
Envelopes tab: I suggest the white bars to be wider (text are cut), see screenshot
Yes, thanks.

Quote:
Pan & With,– value still seems to float/stick to right side, should stick to knob or after last element
This is the same behaviour as V5 and is intentional. The choice is between 'appear in the same place no matter what' versus 'appear near related controls'. Since the tooltip appears by the related controls, this way sort-of fits both requirements.

Quote:
Custom Colors,
Recoloring a Project will use random tints from Palette.
– I wish it would colorize starting from first tint to last.
– We need an option to make track names always solid white or black (tint can vanish)
Ordered coloring seems a little niche, and there are other ways you could do that, so hmmm not really feeling it.

Solid black or white would be a bit extreme, if there are colours that the automated colour adjuster could pick up better, please post 'em!

Quote:
- The blue line "folder drag creation error" is still there.
Yes, this is a known problem. There's even a non-functioning walter element just waiting to solve it...

Quote:
- Not obvious enough that a track is selected in both tcp and mcp I think.
This is the heart of the matter. Can I ask that you use it a for a little longer and see if you continue to struggle with it? There's no right answer here, I do have users who think I have overdone it, so its a tricky decision.

Quote:
- Folder borders in mcp, sometimes i need to close and reopen mixer for changes to happen.
Sounds like a bug; this is new functionality, they are to be expected! Are you able to replicate this in a way that I can show to the devs?

Quote:
- Text is overall too dark/grey (ruler/transport etc), some people will have some trouble reading.
- Is there a reason why we can't tint the MCP channel strips?
- In MCP Narrow, I dont think its good that the fader is replaces by a knob. The mixer should always have faders. Maybe its not possible...
These are design decisions where I am comfortable with the direction we have chosen. Its okay to file some things under 'there are different themes, and mods of themes, for specific users'.

Quote:
- There must be a plan to allow you to theme other windows such as media item properties and rea plugs etc? I know it is an open door but with a dark theme like this it's just a must for a good ui experience.
Not in the near term sadly. The bit ticket UI thing for V6 is HiDPI, that might not seem big ticket but it really, really is. I have an idea of a long term plan for this involving reascript, but shhh don't tell anyone.