View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #12
The Telenator
Banned

Hey all,

I just did some digging. I felt I had better report what I heard. Some is from a user who got his on the 8th, so he has had time with the device.

First, this thing WAS indeed marked to be sold at $299, much like many of you speculated, but they did jack up the price by $100US just before release. This is confirmed info, but the 'why' of it is unknown (but I'm guessing an effort to bilk the buyer).

Second, this owner states it will only work in 32-bit DAW (but I doubt he knows about Reaper's great bridging, yet who can say if the bridging will work or be 100%?).

Third, confirmed -- comes bundled with 'NI Guitar Rig, Kontact Elements, Notion Progression, IK Multimedia Sample Tank 2 & Amplitube, Presonus Studio One'.

Can 'split' the fretboard by frets or strings, max 4 splits, much like a controller keyboard can usually be split, etc.

I am told it is not perfect but is better that the Roland guitar synths models for tracking. The chap said it is so far best he has used for this purpose.

And just for comparison sake, the GR/VG hex pickup, available separately, sells for $219 for that setup.
The Telenator is offline   Reply With Quote