View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 02:20 AM   #3
flipotto
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgalup View Post
Hi all,

Long time lurker here but this is my first post. Thank you very much for the wealth of information in this forum! I am a producer/engineer/mixer of 15 years and I am switching from my native Pro Tools on mac to Reaper on mac. I can't wait to be rid of all the screwy anomalies and restrictive platform.

I took master mixes into a reaper session, and then duplicated my mastering chain from Pro Tools 12.4 into Reaper. All levels were exactly the same, and within Reaper that seemed to be the case. However, my output was clipping terribly. I finally figured this out and ended up turning my hardware output 1/2 down about -6 dB to avoid clipping, but I would like to know for sure. I have read posts about similar situations, but this was a huge gain difference. I don't believe CoreAudio allows you to calibrate gain, i.e. in Audio/Midi Setup, etc. I want to be sure I am turning the output down enough so I have no "false positive" clipping whatsoever while mixing/mastering. Does anyone have any advice?

The only strange thing I can see is that, due to my Digi002 drivers being EOL, I have an "Avid 002" and a "Digi002" both showing up in my Audio/Midi Setup. However, I am only using the Avid 002. What I'm wondering is if somehow the computer is routing it to the same interface twice. I have verified that only one device is being used both in Reaper and in Audio/Midi.

Thank you much in advance!

Best,
MG
I just picked up one of these digi002, I'm hoping it wasn't a mistake... I am using it in a audio production course at my high school, I'm a teacher, I was able to get an old imac to recognize it. I used drivers from avid. "Avid002" is what I see in my driver list. I have not tried on windows yet, I may get to that today.
Have you had any luck using it as a control surface with reaper?
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote