View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:56 AM   #53
Jurek
Human being with feelings

Hello everyone!

Sorry for my English.

I just finished my first album - as songwriter, guitarist, vocalist and PRODUCER. Lot of work, lot of blood, sweat & tears. It took 1.5 year. Read Yep's every word twice. Just work. Work hard but don't exhaust yourself. It's just project. Take best people you can and try to do your best.

It's not so easy. Not everyone will finish his album. It's difficult balance between finishing and keeping good level. I did recording one day, next day I listened to it and decided to delete last tracks. And again and again. If you do it for the first time, you are not sure if your work is worth something. I was keeping asking myself: does it sound bad because of my voice, maybe my preamp, maybe tune?

I think there is no simple answer. Look at the great people who did something great: they just worked their ass off to get the level they wanted! I decided just do the same.

One more thing: There were last songs when I found good man to mix my recordings. GREAT thing! If you find someone that you can trust - go for it! If you are musician - don't waste your time tweaking snare's sound in the mix!

Just a couple of 'after-party' thoughts

Last edited by Jurek; 07-02-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Jurek is offline   Reply With Quote