View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #16
richie43
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buddha Rats View Post
Answering "what is best" is always impossible. People's music, eq's and systems differ, etc.. However, both Satson and Waves are great sounding tools to have if you do everything ITB.

NLS is really nice. People don't seem to care for it because they think it's too extreme. It's not. Just don't abuse the drive features and it will give you a nice, round, even sound. The 3 emulations all sound different, and the individual channels also sound different from each other. Basically the combinations could be limitless.

Satson is fantastic. I picked it up yesterday. Like NLS, it's very easy to use. It's also a bit brighter than Waves. It can stand on it's own, and when combined with the NLS channels, it also sounds great too (and vice-versa).

CPU usage is negligible on both (I have 10 instances of the channel plugs and one instance of the buss running). Nebula is a killer. I can't be bothered with it even on my i7 with 8 gigs of ram.

Anyway, I think between these two plugs, you can't go wrong, but if you're strapped for cash (or dislike waves), definitely go with Satson- you won't be disappointed. It's $39.

BTW, I can't speak to VCC, but the ilok2 dependency is a real deal breaker for me. Satson runs on the honor system, and I like their philosophy. Waves has a new cloud installation/registration system which is easy enough to get through.

Hope this info helps.
I LOVE Satsons filters. But as I dig deeper into StripBuss, it blows me away.