View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 07:10 AM   #19
Tommy V
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip mcdonald View Post
Contrast that with Valhalla: a very lean UI, very "dumb" controls almost - big large labels, big controls, straightforward nomenclature.
Valhalla says that his GUI is patterned after NASA ... keep it simple ... I suppose if yer flying thru outer space at 17,000mph every nanosecond in hitting a button can mean the difference between landing on Mars or overshooting it by several million miles

Also no CPU baggage in updating any fancy graphics .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip mcdonald View Post
I think of the two developers, Sean Costello is probably doing better than Guy's Name I Can't Remember with Melda.
Melda's plugins ..... GUI uses multiple different controls, tiny labels, things are buried on screens you have to click down to, some screen items are tiny, overall Melda has a lot of stuff going on screen wise compared to Ozone 6.
I find the Melda plugs to be very good, in a basic way, but there is a lack of documentation for the more advanced features such as MultiParameters, which I have no clue what they're for or how to use them. Also there should be tool-tips for the various icons instead of having to press F1 to see their function, thereby interrupting the workflow.

Melda's 'training' videos on the website don't really go into any detail on the plugins themselves, and the forum at KVR is pretty much useless. A detailed user manual is much needed.

Tommy V