View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #51
babiuk
Human being with feelings

Hi Richie, I'm newbie on this too but I maybe have spent a little more time so I will try to explain you.

Go to "Color Themes" folder (you can click on Options/Show Reaper resource path... and the folder appears)
You will see the themes files in one or other format but donīt worry, the important format is .ReaperThemeZip. So open the file "Default_4.0.ReaperThemeZip" with Winrar or similar.
You will see some folders and a lot of png files and one txt called "rtconfig.txt". This is where WALTER lives. Look in the text for the tcp section. You will see loops beginning with :

Layout "NAME OF LAYOUT"

and ending with:

Endlayout

So copy the code from the txt in the zip and paste it everywhere in between these layouts for tcp (I imagine there is no problem about the place if you are inside tcp section) and save the rtconfig.txt file.

Now, in the rar file create a folder called "tcp_vintage" and paste inside the png's from the zip file, and save rar file.

Then in Reaper go to Options/Themes and select Default (it will select default 4, maybe you were using it yet but this way you reload it anyway which is needed). Now you have the changes updated but you will not see anything new in the Tracks panel. This is because the skin for you Track panel is the default one. You have to right click over a track control channel(I mean over a track from the vertical list) and go to: "set track layouts/Track Panel/Vintage VU meters".

I hope this helps you. I know it is not the best explanation but weeks ago I would have thanked a dumb explanation like this.
babiuk is offline   Reply With Quote