View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 04:48 PM   #3403
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
The addition will be LeaveZone, which will simply back up one as per the discussion.
This will be handy

Quote:
Occasionally though, you may want a Zone that takes over A1 B4 C3 B3 D7
Actually, it makes no difference if the widgets are contiguous or not. The blocks I've chosen simply allow me to divide the synth up conceptually. Things that are mapped to the same block will overwrite one another when called (so filter2 overwrites filter1, say, but won't overwrite the filter envelope because it's mapped to a different block).

Really the challenge is to work out what parameters you need to appear on the surface at the same time and make sure they are mapped to different blocks so they can.

For instance, you would want the LFOs to map to a different block than the modulation controls for oscillator, filter and amplifier, so they can be adjusted without constantly switching back and forth in the same block.

I've attached a pdf of the spreadsheet I used to plan it out. You'll be able to see how deep the madness runs Also a zip of the Zones built from the plan.

Each block (16x8) represents a C4 Zone. Red names within a block represent GoZone's within the Zone file. Black names are synth parameters. It's not done yet, but what I have seems to work well.

Last edited by MixMonkey; 08-06-2019 at 11:01 AM.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote