View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 02:37 AM   #90
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Of course the JSFX is configurable on which controls are averaged (up to three: of any CC, Pitch-Bend, and Channel-Pressure).

Making max / min / average configurable seems like a good idea ! I will implement this. (But it might trigger involuntarily harsher jumps than average.)

Regarding slide: if you play a chord and move a finger just very slightly, this value will be the last and hence in a not preprocessed channel merger will be used for all pressed notes. This will force crazy jumps. I don't think that is decently playable. But as said not processing a control already can be configured.
Seaboard sends Slide reset messages in front of every new note you play (on the same tick, but before the note-on message). I am using max in my script and it plays nicely. As I mentioned before, the only situation I get any considerable value jump is when I play multiple notes and one of them has a considerably higher Slide value than all the others and I stop playing that particular note. In that case the output value will jump back to the value the other notes are using.

No value jumping in that situation with Press, because lifting the finger off a key will gradually lower the pressure value towards zero.

[EDIT] Coming to think of it, I actually have a hunch that the Slide reset messages will cause jumps when taking the average value, while they are filtered when taking max (until all notes are stopped and a new one is coming in). If you choose to take min, then evey new note will make the Slide value jump down to zero. Similar weirdness will probably occur with pressure (it is also reset with new note). [/EDIT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
What do you mean by quantization ?

-Michael
When you set the Glide sensitivity to lower than maximum, Seaboard will round the pitch value towards a straight - properly pitched - semitone when it "thinks" that your Glide gesture is coming to an end. The upside is that it's easy to glide to a straight target note. The downside is, that with low glide sensitivity slow glides can sound a bit "wavey", when the rounding happens faster than the actual Glide gesture.

Sorry for the rather heavy editing of this post... It's hard to put my thoughts into words.

Last edited by gofer; 11-10-2018 at 02:52 AM.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote