View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 10:40 PM   #84
gofer
-blänk-

I am not certain we see multi-voice legato lines in the saxophone video. Without having listened again, I remember that multiple voices always come in chords and legato as a single line. They might use some time based processing, where notes that come in simultaneously (enough) are distributed to channels per note and when there is more time between notes they all go to the same channel. It is for sure not available in the box with Blocks, and very likely not with Rise, too. If that is what's happening, then by some additional in-line processing.

Re the pressure problem: Out of the box pressure will always ramp up from zero as you hit a new note. I don't find it that problematic with SWAM, but with some Kontakt instruments expression ramps up much more noticeably, so that the attack phase is suppressed far too much. maybe these instruments use a smoothing algorithm for expression that additionally slows down the ramp?
In my script I use a parameter to alter the slope of the pressure values, pivoting around value 127. It basically raises the minimum pressure value, so that I can make pressure not start at zero. I control the parameter with an expression pedal.
Not only does it make the problematic instruments much more playable and may ease playing thrills with SWAM, but it's also nice to have the additional control with Equator and the like.

Last edited by gofer; 11-06-2018 at 10:49 PM.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote