View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 08:05 AM   #100
dixo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Note that you are now dealing with *multiple* selections: one for REAPER, and one for the control surface. Flexible as this may be, it sounds like you would want to change the "DEVICE_FOLLOWS" setting to "REAPER", so one follws the other - perhaps that makes most sense to you, at leat initially. Read the comments in the Default.ReaperOSC file for more info and related settings.
Thinking about this some more I think I may start to see what you are getting at. I was under the impression that Reaper always was the central authority on track selections, and that a control surface could send a message to ask Reaper to select a track, which Reaper would then communicate back to all control surfaces. So, Reaper being the central entity controlled and reflected by all control surfaces. Are you saying that it works differently, and that Reaper and control surfaces can have an independent and thus different notion of track selection?
It seems that there are still a lot of concepts that I can't wrap my head around yet...

Regards,
Dixo
dixo is offline   Reply With Quote