View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 05:46 AM   #99
dixo
Human being with feelings

Hi Bannned,

Thanks for your reply. I am currently studying the script you wrote for the Peavey StudioMix, that teaches me a lot about what can be done with oscii-bot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Note that you are now dealing with *multiple* selections: one for REAPER, and one for the control surface. Flexible as this may be, it sounds like you would want to change the "DEVICE_FOLLOWS" setting to "REAPER", so one follws the other - perhaps that makes most sense to you, at leat initially. Read the comments in the Default.ReaperOSC file for more info and related settings.
I am not completely sure that I fully understand what you are saying here.
The setup that I hope to create is as follows:
- I will use a Icon Qcon Pro as my main control surface. It has the motorized faders, transport controls, jog, scribble strips etc. Initially I will probably try to get it working with either the native mode (the Qcon has a Reaper mode in the latest firmwares!) or the Klinke MCU dll but maybe one day I'll try to write an oscii-bot script like you did for the StudioMix to get greater control over the behaviour.
- The BCR2000 will be dedicated to control my most used plugins (Eq, some synths, compressors, reverb, etc). When I select a track in Reaper, or by pressing the select button on the Qcon, the BCR should show the plugin parameter settings for that track, and control them. This would reduce the navigation between various plugins: all important parameters of my favourite ones are available at the same time. It also allows me to label the knob assignments using tape or paper overlays, the assignment is static.
The mapping of MIDI CC's from the BCR to the actual FX parameter OSC strings (and vice versa) should be handled by the script. No clue yet how complex that would be, and how static or dynamic that mapping actually is (e.g. not sure if the order of my favourite plugins would always be the same for all my tracks...).
- Eventually I may want to add a tablet with TouchOSC or similar to add display features and maybe interface to other plugins that I use less often (e.g. exotic VSTi synths).

Does this make sense? And do you see fundamental problems implementing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Glad to hear the logging script is useful to you, btw. But, as a disclaimer: I'm not 100% certain one can say that REAPER isn't sending something only because the script fails to show it.
If the logging script does not catch those events, wouldn't that mean that any osc-to-midi script I would write would miss them too?

Again, thanks for your reply and all the example code you have already written, that really helps a lot!

Regards,
Dixo
dixo is offline   Reply With Quote