View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 09:12 PM   #12
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkrebs View Post
If you are keen on running Bristol, use a front-end. pyBristol is the easiest and friendliest.

Also, if you're running JACK, there's no reason you can't use it from Reaper. You'll just have to do some routing in Catia or whatever other JACK flow control you use. Same goes for any other stand-alone Linux synth.
Thanks for that info! I am indeed using Jack already and using Qjackctrl in order to make my two M-Audio cards both accessible for 4 channel recording.

If I have to go through some external routing to get it to work in REAPER though, it's not really worth the effort for me. When I'm in creative mode I want to be able to click REAPER's FX bin, pick an instrument and start playing or else I totally lose the inspiration to make something happen. I have a lot of decent models of real synths, but they are all (well almost all) Windows plugins running in WINE and bridged into REAPER using LinVST, which does let me load one up and start playing while I've still got the mojo.

I might reinstall Bristol and try the front end you linked, just to see what some of the models sound like, but it's less likely that I would try to use them in REAPER, simply due to the need to be the engineer when I only want to be the musician.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote