View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 10:05 AM   #2020
Mr. Green
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Hello Mr Green, I don't want to speak out of place here but I want to say yes you can control nearly anything with anything with CSI. For the console 1, I believe there are profiles already created to get one started and included in the downloads.

The degree of control you get will depend on how well you can grasp how it all works together and how much time you can devote to the tediously tremendous task of mapping individual things to other individual things. Plus, Geoff is still working on all this so it's not 100% yet. But, it's all very worth it.

I'm using a C4 with 2-3 plugs per track mapped and it has been really great, I wish I had the time to plan and map more stuff, but I've got a setup I'm really comfortable with right now. And, I feel like I'm just scratching the surface of what CSI can do...pun intended!
Wow! This is remarkable news to me! :-)
I was eyeing one of those C4's recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yes, I actually have a Console 1 here, so it already works fairly well.

You can make custom maps for plugins.
Very cool!
Now some questions:

-Can I use the custom mapping with 3rd party plugins in combination with the Softube C1 display software and C1 plugins interchangeably? (if so how would that work?)
-Would I be able to add commands to the C1 that don't already exist? (like adding a shift modifier with EQ to adjust something)
-Am I able to permanently map specific plugins to a specific controller, so that when a plugin is called up onscreen, the controller is ready to interact?
-Geoff - I think I saw a Youtube video of you clicking on tracks in a session and having sets of plugin windows automatically open with each track selection. What is that and how does that work? (is there a tutorial somewhere or description of whatever is going on there that I can reference?)
-I have a Console 1, Faderport 8, Faderport 1(original), and an X-Touch Mini. Would I be able to use all or a combination of those to control specific things on a single track? (one for fader/pan/automation, one for send levels, one for plugins etc)

I know it's a lot to go over, which is why I was hoping for a Wiki. lol :-)
Mr. Green is offline   Reply With Quote