View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 06:24 AM   #65
Soli Deo Gloria
Human being with feelings

Well, you´ve got the point! Indeed, I´ve got various scenarios in mind :

- A relatively small ensemble (up to 5 instrumentalists and 1-4 voices, as told above) with light Vstis/Vsts (Synth1, FM8, Reaplugs, etc.). This can be handled by a reasonable setup, I think (I am testing an I5 netbook for this purpose during these days, but don´t discard using a desktop machine with better specs).

- A medium ensemble (say 12 performers or so) with heavy-weight Vstis and light Vsts. Since I have an I7 PC with 32 gbs of ram and SSD for the OS/programs, I can - almost - assure this is totally feasible. A dedicated machine with these specs assembled for live usage is an expensive solution, but viable in any case.

- Symphonic-type works, with high latency (1024)and a PC similar to the one mentioned in the previous example. I am even considering this type of usage for studio work, above all for synth and FXs handling in many parallel tracks. A single CC could provide, on each track, many changes that would need many automation/CC lanes in some cases...

With such an implementation, pages could maybe be named/labeled for easier handling. In any case, it would be up to the programmer to realize how much is possible with the available setup...

Last edited by Soli Deo Gloria; 01-28-2016 at 06:29 AM.
Soli Deo Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote