View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 12:54 AM   #30
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwangman View Post
I've attached the new report i just ran. Thing is, the portcls.sys is now down to manageable levels, but i can't hear anything!
Also run the DPC checker again while your system is in this state. If it turns out clean, you may have encircled the culprit. But yes, the figures look muuch better.

Quote:
I thought by disabling onboard audio, i could still get sound out of my Soundblaster. Guess not. Should i have sound through the Soundblaster after disabling onboard audio?
Definitely. The only thing I can think of is that the onboard was selected as "preferred device" in XP, you should set that to the soundblaster then. But I assume you didn't even install a driver for the onboard sound (I couldn't see one in your RATT logs), which would render that even weirder. The Audigy should still be recognized in Device Manager. If it isn't, no idea what went wrong there. Does ASIO4ALL still see the device?

Quote:
I was using ASIO4ALL while in Reaper.
You have a real audio interface (your 404) with native ASIO drivers, I can imagine why you want to use the Soundblaster+ASIO4ALL but I wouldn't recommend it.

Quote:
I'm on SP3, but i will Google the hotfix you mentioned to see if that's the case. This is really frustrating, but i appreciate your help!
If you have SP3, the latest version of portcls.sys is already on your computer.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote