View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #27
johnnyo
Human being with feelings

Thanks for your input.. I see you on the D3200 forum as well.. I have been using the Korg as my main recording program, & got quite comfortable with it, but I have heard so much good about Reaper, & thought maybe I should pursue it & bit by bit do away with the D3200.. But I'm afraid the Korg will be with me for life.. As Hard as I'm trying I'm finding computer recording very intimidating & hard to grasp.. VST's & VSTi's, & all this other terminology sure can mnake a head hurt.. Though I'm not ready to give up.. Just can't understand why for example Reaper is smart enough to open a midi file & knows what instruments belong on each track, & knows the names of each instrument, yet can't play it.. I guess because Reaper is such an advanced program, & needs VST's to operate.. Yet I can grasp & operate BIAB & a few other Daws, I don't understand why I'm having so much trouble understanding & operating Reaper.. I think I can record a wave OK, but this Midi thing makes me do headstands.. I guess age has taken it's toll, but too be young again & have all this available to me..lol. The forum members are trying to be extremely helpful to me, but it's me & my ability to grasp.. I'm sure that if I could get one Midi to open & play properly, then I might be on the way.. (maybe)..
johnnyo is offline   Reply With Quote