View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 05:18 AM   #26
TonE
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimentorium View Post
I read through several papers and nearly all use the standard features (chroma, mfcc, ...) for identifiying sound thus I did not put too much brain into this part. Would also beliave that having the ADSR curve should be interesting to work on sounds.

By the way it would be interesting if users would send in their presets, to build up a large scale open database with synthesizer sounds for creating models and having them available to everyone.
There is also sonic-annotator, command line brother of sonic visualiser.

Which is best tool for generating images from .wav/.ogg files? Which contain as much of their relevant features in that image, visually, meaning similar images (colors and shapes) should sound similarly. Spectral peaks view could be good candidate, but we can not generate .jpg/.png from Reaper.

The trick is finding best command line tools first, if already available somehwere. Then adding the missing rest.

For the audio to image transformation I could imagine a circular approach with a fixed length per circle, maybe 15 seconds? Or shorter? I guess 15s could work nicely, you could compare even 1 minute audio files, which would then contain 4 rounds in the circle, starting from the center going outwards the longer samples get, so images would also have different sizes. The longer the audio the bigger the radius, obviously, but the central comparison area would still be same/overlapping, so different size files can still be compared! And circular shapes look often beautiful because symmetric.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote