View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 03:27 PM   #2177
poetnprophet
Human being with feelings

Hey Seby, great video and glad you are getting some things working. Ok I can answer some of your questions, and some stuff we have to defer to Geoff who is the developer.

Pages: this is basically like a profile that all your surfaces will be listed in, as well as their functions. I noticed you have a faderport single, so that can also be included in your [first] page. More on that later. As an example, I have on my page a Qcon, extender, a C4, and a Xtouch mini all in the profile, each with their own surface settings.

The RST as you saw will connect Functions (like read, latch, play, stop, etc) to button midi. Each button has a midi address as you can see in the monitor box. To map, you need the button midi message, and you need a unique function name. Most of the functions should already be listed, and even for the FP16 they should be similar if not identical. You shouldn't really need to do much there. The "Channel" sections basically takes all the faders/mutes/soloes/etc and has one section for all the functions there (instead of repeating 8, 16 times). I don't quite recall what Geoff did for the single channel sections, but it is specific to Faderports.

The AXT is where the function name (which is defined as a button press in the RST) is then defined as a Reaper action. Some of the actions are hardcoded into the CSI, I believe. Geoff can explain more (things like Play, volume up...). Some functions are defined explicitly as reaper actions, as you saw with the 5 digit codes. This is the real power behind this, as any button can now be turned into any reaper action. The MCU axt file already has a lot of the basic functions defined correctly: transport, channel functions, automation. This should all work already without modification.

The last is the FXT, which are mappings to FX parameters. We should hold off on that for now.

In order to understand SENDS, you first have to understand PAGES well enough to setup a second page to control sends as things get complicated from there.
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote