View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #15
serr
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricthing View Post
Just tried again with the different routing and still the same issue.
Then I did what I should have done earlier; I used RComp in stead of Hornet FatFet CM.
And the problem is gone.
So maybe the FatFet cm has an issue with PDC in Reaper?
I will give Reacomp a go also and also try using the Reaper wet dial to get parallel compression.
It's been a while since I used parallel comp and it's great.

Serr, thanks for that read about the folders, I didn't know. So you advice to use normal tracks as busses? And then not use the master send on the tracks I send to those busses?
Won't be much hassle to change my 'Full Template'.
It could be a plugin reporting an incorrect value for PDC. Or... it could be that the processing the plugin does alters the phase (which I suppose could still be thought of as an incorrect PDC adjustment).

I usually expect phase issues when I run something (could very well be drums or vocals) through a guitar amp sim for example.

Again, if I need to hear the whole mix while I dial something in... I'll make a quick test recording of that track to determine the offset and then manually offset the track to put everything back into phase alignment.

More often I'll just dial up the squash I'm after, freeze or render it, and then nudge it into correct phase alignment. (For example, Soundtoys Decapitator plugin is always off by 31 samples, while UAD Fairchild 670 for all the shenanigans with their old PCI card and all is sample accurate.)

No need to settle for a second choice plugin just because of phase issues!
One of the beauties of mixing with a DAW.

I do recommend the standard 'universal' tracks for buses/subgroups. I also highly recommend the routing matrix. You can click-drag down one column to assign and option-click-drag down another to un-assign. Takes seconds to route anything to anything.

Think of that checkbox for master as a shortcut for routing the track in question to the master track. That's all it is. (And you can have this unchecked by default in Preferences too.)

Last edited by serr; 08-15-2014 at 02:44 PM.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote