View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 01:24 AM   #85
G-Sun
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbenben6 View Post
Earlier in this thread there was mention of some strange behavior with Midi items when editing tempo markers. Came across something like that, thought I'd mention it.

I've been trying to find a way to edit earlier sections of a tempo map without having the Midi items past that point fall apart. Ignoring tempo isn't practical in this case as it would remove valid tempo data. The virtual Midi cable trick mentioned earlier seems to work, but not very practical. The python script with same intent I wasn't quite able to get working.

I made a screen-capture of the strange behavior, but it seems large in filesize (600kb) so I'll just link rather than embed here. https://stash.reaper.fm/21125/reaper_recording.gif

I've made an empty project, with timebase set to time for both items/tempo. Then I put in a few tempo markers in and a few Midi notes. Afterwards duplicating the Midi item. On one of the two midi items I set item timebase to 'Time' and the other is left as 'project default timebase'. It seems the one forced to 'Time' is behaving how I would like, in that tempo changes before the Midi item aren't moving it around. It also allows tempo markers past the point where the midi item begins to control it's grid.

Is this intentional? I would have thought since the project timebase is set to 'time' that that would mean that Midi items with 'project default timebase' would also be using 'time'. Hope some of that made sense.

Cheers.
Item and tempo timebase should be beat.
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote