View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 09:07 AM   #35
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
The ability to change layouts by script... Hope it can be allowed back in, warts and all, if that's the only way
That is not a foregone conclusion - I am a yes, so is Kenny and I take it you are too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by +NRG View Post
How about keeping the wave form in the selected state the same darkness as in the unselected state so it stands out against the lighter selected media item background?
That would make it stand out less as a dynamic action; less would change, particularly with the full-strength custom colours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poplomop View Post
Half of the transport disappears when I click "Show playrate control". And no playrate control shows. Presumably disappeared with the rest of the stuff haha.
I've no ideal what that might be, could you post a screenshot please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
in the script, the text gets cut off on either side. I know that for Linux, scripts have to be done somewhat differently. ... One more little thing: I notice that the volume/pan font changes depending on the TCP/MCP color (such that a brighter background gets darker text, and vice versa). Sometimes though the font is very bright white on some TCP/MCP backgrounds, but not very bright on others, making it really stand out on some.
I have yet to meaningfully test this on Linux; I have the means to specify fonts specifically for Linux, I just haven't done it properly yet. Last time I looked my choices were a bit limited, but hopefully that will solve much of this.

Thanks a lot for your image, it has allowed me to replicate this nasty. I hadn't realised it was with the name flipped to horizontal. I'll get on the fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
if you're trying to save UI resources and re-use images (you're probably going to hate me for suggesting this): perhaps use the same envelope and i/o buttons for both MCP and TCP.
An IO button at 200% is 8000 pixels. The param knob is 290,000 pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJSE2 View Post
I know this is probably the result of something intentional, but in the whole spirit of being able to customise themes with the script, there doesn't seem to be a way of displaying anything between the track name and the volume fader.

This becomes an issue when you set the volume size to 190 (in order to have a fader that spans most of the tcp) which (on my current setup) creates a blank space around 100px wide (I think) which is roughly the same size as the automation, pan and width knobs combined, but there's no way to move them into that space, instead they're pushed onto the line below.
Not sure if I'm understanding you; give it a bit of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peevy View Post
The tracks a totally blank for me in TCP when tracks are fully minimized...This is using 150% scaling which is just about usable on a 2560x1440 display. It's not happening with the default scaling which is far too small for my monitor. These settings worked fine on alpha 1.0.
Worry not! This is entirely because the minimum height definition theming doesn't yet respond to HiDPI. So its just culling out 150% size buttons in a 100% sized track. Just a matter of waiting for the devs to get to this, there are a million jobs to do, adding HiDPI functionality to Reaper is a gargantuan task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Awesome! Is that a slight edge around that item too? Do tracks also get that when selected?
I always do that, its just a matter of level of contrast. This is an extremely old discussion we've had many, many times The compromise is this: the more obvious you make the borders, like I'm trying here, you more obvious it is when Reaper fluffs them. As noted by _Stevie_ here, for example :

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Here's the screencap of the missing (or maybe too thin?) item selection borders on muted items:
Now; I know what you're about to say But my job is not "do thing, and then make a feature request to make it not look wrong" its "do things as well as possible making as few feature requests as possible". So the first question is, assuming that, is the occasional fluffed border tolerable at this level of brightness?