View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #25
jefskott99
Human being with feelings

Default SampleTank and Routing to load one instance of ST

So, I agree with some of the comments regarding Reaper not being as easy as Cubase regarding routing. Cubase makes it easy for people who grew up on MIDI. I'm old, thus one of those. Enough about Cubase.

I left the Cubase fold because Reaper offered such configurability (probably a bit much for my old brain). Reaper also, IMHO, sounds better and continually provides better workflow. And, I actually like the Reaper community. You guys are awesome with information, and the developers get right in the thick of it. You wouldn't see that anywhere else. Okay, enough Reaper cheerleading...here's my issue related to the Multi-out VSTs topic:

I want to load one instance of my multi-out VST (SampleTank 2.1 XL), loaded up with six instruments, for example, each on separate MIDI channels (configured in ST). I then want to record each of those channels individually. So, I might have Piano, Drums, Guitar, Synth, each on separate channels.

Then, I want to be able to go to a track in Reaper and control channel 1 - Piano, Channel 3 - Drums, individually. I don't want a combi. I want individual track control (if I want a combi, I can just layer by arming the individual tracks). The obvious benefit to what I want is not having to pull up multiple instances of SampleTank, which starts to wear on me after awhile (not to mention slowing down my machine).

If any of you use SampleTank 2 or Sonik Synth 2 and have figured this out, I would love to hear get a walk through. Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,
Jeff
jefskott99 is offline   Reply With Quote