View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #66
BeatPsychic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by serr View Post
21 months and hundreds of shows and not one glitch out of Reaper! This is how you mix live sound now.

OK, there is one issue I didn't expect...
This really only happened at 4 or 5 venues. A few house engineers out there got very butt-hurt (technical term) over this. They took it as an invasion of their gig and were none too pleased at the number of patrons telling them "I've never heard it sound this good in here before!" Sorry if that sounds egotistical. The bottom line is that touring around with a regional (not national) band puts you in clubs like this at times. Then there's 'Drunk Boys Festival Sound Co' gigs... "How'd ja like me to pour this beer all over yer mixer?" Careful out there!

Most reactions have been positive to the extreme. Gone are the nights that were a struggle (or failure) to even get to a basic comfort zone due to inadequate or damaged systems. As long as the club's mains are functional everything is golden.

Very glad to see this feedback! I've have been contemplating going this route for a few months now, but have been hesitant for fear of roundtrip overall latency. I only run sound for a small local band currently, but I can picture the lead vocalist tripping out over the slightest delay between singing their vocal part and when it hits the mains/monitors. I know if this was the case, you wouldn't be doing it this way for 21 months now, so I think I will give it a shot! Thanks again!

(You might consider talking with Nicholas about adding a small section in the user guide showing how you approach this Live Sound Method. Just a thought...)