View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 01:38 PM   #4
nait
Human being with feelings

Honka: Reaper has settings for the audio device it uses, and this can be different than what you have set up in Windows. You can set them both the same, if you like (as long as you don't tick on the setting to lock them exclusively to an app). You can change the windows sound several ways. One way is to left click the speaker icon in the tray by your time (bottom right, generally) and then hit that carat ^ symbol to show more options. Another way.. control panel, sound.

I personally tend to keep them different for a variety of reasons. 1) I like to hear songs on a variety of speakers (everyone producing music should)and headphones 2) I think my PC has more than enough horsepower for this to be a worry, generally, but I like to limit any interference/processing problems, etc. that may be caused by something else using the sound card while I'm doing stuff.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote