View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 02:00 AM   #17
gofer
-blänk-

I am still having this issue:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
...parts of Reaper's UI not updating to the new color until I manually force a redraw. That's for the track manager swatches as well as the swatches in the MIDI editor's track list and the MIDI Piano Roll (if it is set to track color mode, obviously). I tried adding UpdateTimeline and Update Arrange to no success. Is this a LUA issue we should report?
In my own Python and EEL color scripts I don't do anything special to force an UI update, just the SetTrackColor function, basically like you do in this one.
(slightly edited for clearness)

Please try:
- Open Reaper's track manager view
- Select a track and use the colour swatch script to change a track's color

=> does the color swatch in track manager update for you? Mine doesn't, until I force a redraw (eg by selecting another track).

Similarly, the MIDI editor's track list doesn't update here, as well as event color in Piano roll view.

I don't have this issue using my EEL and Python scripts which essentially use the same function to change the track color, so this might be a LUA issue - if it is, it should be reported in the pre-release bug report thread (preferably by someone who actually does LUA, so not me).

Minor inconvenience encountered while looking at this:
If you clicked an item, so that the script switched to "Item" coloring, clicking on a track in the track manager list doesn't switch the script back to "Track". Selecting tracks via actions doesn't cause the script to switch back to "Track" either. The only way it seems to work is actually clicking on a TCP or MCP. Maybe it would be easier and more save to have a set of buttons on the script's GUI to do the switching.

Last edited by gofer; 02-28-2015 at 02:18 AM.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote